It’s important to read the terms and conditions in full before entering this competition, but here’s a summary of the key terms:
● Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents 18 years and older.
● The Promotion starts on 12:01AM 20 August 2020 and closes at 11:59PM 21 August 2020 AEST.
● To enter, you need to (see below for full details): Make one (1) purchase using Afterpay as your payment method from an Afterpay merchant participating in the Afterpay Day Sale (as listed on www.afterpay.com/en-AU/afterpay-day-shop-to-win-competition) during the Promotion Period.
● You can enter more than once, but each person can only win one prize.
● There is no fee to enter this competition.
● The prize draw will occur on 9:00AM 25 August 2020 AEST, and a total of 1 winner will be notified by email and have their name(s) published at www.afterpay.com/en-AU/afterpay-day-shop-to-win-competition.
● Each winner will receive 1x AU$1000 EFTPOS gift card. Total prize pool value is AU$1000. Your Personal Information may be used by the Promoter and disclosed to third parties for various purposes (see below for full details).
1. The Promoter is Afterpay Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 15 169 342 947) at Level 5, 406 Collins Street Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia.
2. Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents 18 years and older (Eligible Entrants).
3. Entry and/or prize redemption may require you to possess a valid Afterpay account. You agree to be bound by the relevant terms and conditions associated with your Afterpay account, which can be accessed at https://www.afterpay.com/en-AU/afterpay-day-shop-to-win-competition. These terms and conditions apply in addition to, and do not replace, any terms and conditions associated with the possession and use of an Afterpay account.
4. Employees and other staff (and their immediate family members) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter.
5. Entrants are subject to all applicable laws, and entries will be deemed void where prohibited by law.
6. By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. In case of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions prevail.
7. The Promotion commences on 12:01AM 20 August 2020 and closes at 11:59PM 21 August 2020 AEST (Promotion Period).
8. To enter, Eligible Entrants must:
- Make one (1) purchase using Afterpay as your payment method from an Afterpay merchant participating in the Afterpay Day Sale (as listed on www.afterpay.com/en-AU/categories/top-offers & www.afterpay.com/en/NZ/categories/top-offers during the Promotion Period.
- Eligible Entrants may enter more than once. Each Eligible Entrant may only be awarded one prize. All entries become the property of the Promoter for use by the Promoter without attribution or compensation.
9. Entries that the Promoter suspects to be fraudulent, incomplete, incorrect or misleading, or may damage the Promoter’s reputation may be disqualified. Entrants who breach these terms and conditions may be disqualified. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
10. It is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter should their contact details change during the Promotion Period.
11. There is no fee to enter this competition.
Prizes and winning
12. The random prize draw will take place at 9:00AM 25 August 2020 AEST at Telads Australia Pty Ltd, 123 Margaret St Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia.
13. There will be a total of one (1) winner, who will be notified by email within 2 business days of the draw date on 25 August 2020. Winners’ names will be published within 2 business days of the draw date on 25 August 2020 on www.afterpay.com/en-AU/afterpay-day-shop-to-win-competition for at least 30 days.
14. The winner will receive 1x AU$1000 EFTPOS gift card. Total prize pool value is AU$1000. Prizes are subject to any terms and conditions (which may be notified to winners upon confirmation of the award of the prize).
15. Lost, mutilated, or stolen vouchers will not be replaced. The voucher will expire at least 12 months from the issue date. Redemption is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer (https://www.eftposgiftcard.com.au/).
16. No bonus prizes shall be awarded.
17. If there any prizes remain unclaimed after reasonable attempts to contact a winner, this will be published 30 days after the initial prize draw on 25 August 2020 on www.afterpay.com/en-AU/afterpay-day-shop-to-win-competition. A subsequent unclaimed prize draw will be conducted at 09:00AM 28 September 2020 AEST at Telads Australia Pty Ltd, 123 Margaret St Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia. Any redraw winner will be notified by email within 2 business days of the unclaimed prize draw on 28 September 2020 and will have their name published on www.afterpay.com/en-AU/afterpay-day-shop-to-win-competition for at least 30 days.
18. The Promoter may request reasonable identification from winners to confirm their identity and eligibility to enter. Any failure to do so may result in disqualification.
19. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for prizes lost, misplaced or otherwise not delivered to a winner. If any prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable for reasons outside of the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
20. The Promoter’s decision on any aspect of this promotion is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
Marketing and privacy
21. Personal Information, for the purposes of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
22. Entrants consent to their entry and Personal Information being used by the Promoter for marketing purposes. The Promoter may use, reproduce or modify the entry in any way without any further reference, payment or compensation to the entrant.
24. These terms and conditions do not limit, modify or exclude consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). The Promoter may amend any of these terms and conditions if required to comply with applicable laws.
25. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for errors (technical or human), technical failures or malfunctions except where caused by the Promoter’s fraud, negligence or wilful misconduct.
26. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any injury, sickness, death, or property loss or damage of any kind except where caused by the Promoter’s fraud, negligence, or wilful misconduct.
27. If the promotion cannot be run as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter may, subject to licensing authority approval, alter, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter will use reasonable efforts to notify you should this occur by publishing a notice on its website.